Chapters 1-5

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

OK, it's a great book!! I had to put down the other novel I had started. I'm through Ch. 6, I think. It breaks my heart! I thought about what I was doing at 7-12 years old, the life I had and my sisters had. I've never seen that much blood and carnage in my whole life.It find it interesting how he switches back and forth between recalling the past as and then reflecting from the present. He shows how clearly the events of the past are still affecting his present.I know that it is the case in many countries, but it boggles my mind how the 'RUF' can be natives of the same country and treat their own civilians, the people who's freedom they are 'fighting for' with such cruelty!

1 comments:

candice McGarvey said...

Abby Thanks for the comment. This book is going to be quite a challenge for us, but it is so important that we open our minds to the world around us. I am so glad we had the chance to connect before you moved. I am so excited for all that is ahead.

Also, I would love to heard about Washington!